Inspired by one of the famously respected designers, Cameron Moll, in the web community, I decided to talk about ten things you may not know about me.
- I like playing soccer (football) but I was really good at Tennis.
- I was raised in a Baptist Church.
- I played Bass in a band at church.
- I was 19 years old when I migrated to U.S to pursue my career in design.
- I went to Bridgewater State College to study graphic and web design.
- I used to go every week, sometimes three or four times of week, to Lions Tap for burgers. They have the best burger in the planet.
- I’m a frequent customer at Barnes and Noble bookstore. I like to read a lot of magazines and books.
- I went through a lot of surgery this year, thoracic spine, left leg and my right foot was amputated in an accident in March of this year due to being destroyed by the car’s engine.
- I want to write a book about design.
- I have a beautiful girlfriend who stayed with me for 2 months in the hospital and she’s the reason why I’m happy and alive.
Believe it or not, I’m never on cutting edge of anything. I didn’t get an ipod until the fifth generation and I’ve never watched “The Office”.
So even though it’s been around for a few years, I feel like I won the lottery when I came across “Grammar Girl’s quick and Dirty tips for Better Writing” website. And I had to share with all of you.
Some of you know I’m a foreigner, English is my second language so my writing isn’t great, nearly awful. Grammar Girl is loaded with good resources for people like me who English isn’t their first language or the writing really sucks (in my case).
Grammar girl hosts a weekly podcast to address questions of grammar, punctuation, and other hazards of the English language. Anyone following their website or tweets can call in, email or twitter with questions and Grammar Girl will respond fairly quick. Besides all the goodness provided by Grammar Girl, I hope to improve my English as well as my writing skills through this awesome resource given by our respected teacher Aka Migon Fogarty.
Visit Quick and Dirty Tips to find links to podcasts by Grammar Girl as well as other subject such as law, nutrition etc.
DisclaimerIf there is ever any doubt, the views expressed here have nothing to do with those of my employer. read more
Even though I work for Target Corp, the views expressed here are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts, opinions, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer.
And some legalalize:
All of my online communications are provided “as is” with no warranties or indemnities of any kind, and do not confer any rights. My employer is not responsible for the accuracy of any of my online communications.
You should know that I have no ability to bind my employer to any legal obligations. By way of example, I have no authority to grant or confer any right or license, either express, implied or by estoppel, under any patent, copyright, trade secret or other rights of my employer. If you would like a license to any intellectual property or other rights of my employer, you must enter into a written contract directly with it.